We’re Arc—lead shopper and retail agency within Publicis Groupe. Let’s face it, with more distractions out there than a TikTok FYP, shoppers are actively resisting brands like never before. That’s why we do everything in our power to make our clients totally irresistible. Like, fresh out the oil, French fry-level irresistible. And because we’re great at what we do, we made it our whole Thing. We call it Irresistible Commerce. We start by figuring out what’s standing in the way of growth and provide compelling creative solutions that are personal, valuable, and a whole lot of fun. And not to brag, but it’s the reason we’re recognized by Adweek, ANA’s Reggie Awards, and the Effies… and why Ad Age has named us a Best Place to Work.
Okay, well, maybe that was a little brag.
For every role, we ask three things—work hard, have fun, be kind. We’re an ego-free, human-first company and we’d love to stay that way. Let’s get started.
As Resource Manager you’ll build and lead a strategic, business-critical discipline at Arc that drives a cultural shift towards people accountability when it comes to casting, mobility, and hiring. Reporting into the VP, Resource Management Director, you’ll serve as core member of the Resource Management Team as well as play a part in departmental leadership meetings.
Resource Management sits at the heart of the agency and is where several key functions intersect. We provide a unique perspective on talent as it relates to skill sets, business needs and operational demands. We work across all disciplines to understand the talent needs of the departments to help facilitate and anticipate the right resources based on availability and skillset.
We have a commitment to the Agency vision paired with the ability to provide value for our talent. The right people in the right place at the right time is our tagline and we strive to drive results through this philosophy.
The Resource Management capability is built on understanding data and relationships, which includes talent allocations, utilization and billability combined with talent performance, listening skills and emotional intelligence. Our day-to-day duties are generated by the fluctuation of workflow and revenue, which will surface through engagements with client teams, employees, managers, and team leadership or through review and analysis of key financial and operational reporting.
• Partner with cross-functional leaders on assignments to allocate project resources; keep track of assigned talent, timeline awareness, capacity, and availability.
• Help reprioritize work by connecting the right individuals to gain clarity on what can be prioritized for current work and solve for future capacity needs.
• Partner with RM Group to manage freelance and Inter-Agency process and approvals. Support identifying additional resource options and manage the vetting process through key approvers, if not lead by talent recruiters. Support negotiating rates and ensure timely processing of invoices, timesheets, purchase orders, and approvals.
• Elevate workflow opportunities as appropriate to department RMs and department leads.
• Assist Project Leaders, as appropriate, in updating employee assignments and adjusting schedules as needed based on capacity or reprioritization.
• Exhibit high level of responsiveness, consistently communicating with department/team leads to ensure awareness of capacity and resource planning, challenges, solutions, and process modifications.
• Provide accurate and timely key reporting on capacity, time entry, staffing charts, freelance, and Inter-Agency resource utilization.
• Become an expert in our systems and processes for capacity management. Train team members in scheduling practices and utilization features.
• Add value at all intersections when attending agency meetings.
• Maintain high level of self-accountability as primary capacity resource across your assigned department(s) and within the Arc RM Team.
• Work independently, though in partnership with Talent, HR. and Finance for owned deliverables, providing detailed, accurate, and timely inputs.
• Understand how capacity and utilization affects P&L.
Expert, Innovator & Integrator
- Drive diversity of Talent into client and project teams – ensure casted Talent represents a diverse set of backgrounds, skillsets and expertise.
- Partnership with Talent Acquisition and HR to identify talent and skill gaps, prioritize open positions and gain internal financial approvals needed to begin the external hiring process.
- Act as confidante and partner in sensitive talent issues, maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Effectively negotiate and broker trade-off in resourcing projects – can be firm when needed
- Analytical and insightful – asks the right questions; Provide guidance on the importance of details and accurate data
- Anticipate issues and proactively come up with strong solutions
- Keep current on Groupe U.S. and external RM best practices and introduce to Agency
- Seek and identify opportunities to use technology to continually streamline + automate RM processes, data mining and reporting
- Identify resourcing change opportunities with agency(s) – help tell the story
- Identify and engage key stakeholders to champion resourcing change initiatives
- Sustain change through persistent and consistent resourcing communication and messaging with agency(s) messaging
- 2+ years of experience in a resourcing role or similar
- Excellent understanding of agency processes
- Experience leveraging workflow tools in managing resourcing
- Understanding of the skill sets with a creative or production agency specializing in social, website, and digital content
- People focused
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience in working and managing high volume of work
- Advanced negotiation and conflict management skills
- Exhibits Integrity and Trust
- Exhibits Self Development
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrates progression in level of responsibility within an agency environment
- Agency experience required
- Exceptional planning, coordination, management, and communication skills are required
The Power of One starts with our people! To do powerful things, we offer powerful resources. Our best-in-class wellness and benefits offerings include:
- Paid Family Care for parents and caregivers for 12 weeks or more
- Monetary assistance and support for Adoption, Surrogacy and Fertility
- Monetary assistance and support for pet adoption
- Employee Assistance Programs and Health/Wellness/Comfort reimbursements to help you invest in your future and work/life balance
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid time off that includes Flexible Time off Vacation, Annual Sick Days, Volunteer Days, Holiday and Identity days, and more
- Matching Gifts programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- ‘Work Your World’ Program encouraging employees to work from anywhere Publicis Groupe has an office for up to 6 weeks a year (based upon eligibility)
- Business Resource Groups that support multiple affinities and alliances
The benefits offerings listed are available to eligible U.S. Based employees, are reviewed on an annual basis, and are governed by the terms of the applicable plan documents