Arc is the lead shopper and retail agency within Publicis Groupe. In an era of unprecedented disruption, where the customers you seek actively resist brands like never before, everything we do is in service of making your brand irresistible. We call it Irresistible Commerce. And it starts by employing insights and data to uncover what’s standing in the way of growth. Then we deploy irresistible creative solutions to build connected shopping experiences that are personal, valuable and delightful for your customers. The results simultaneously drive brand sales and love. Helping us become WARC’s #1 Specialty Retail Agency with groundbreaking work recognized by Adweek, ANA Reggie Awards and Effies.
Background & Purpose of the Job
As an Associate Shopper Marketing Manager, Multi-Channel, you’ll work to extend brand strategy and activation platforms to retail partners through the development Shopper Marketing (SM) programs that will drive profitable volume & equity of Unilever brands. You will analyze and measure all Shopper Marketing programs by understanding business results, projected investments and industry insights. The ability to identify business building opportunities at club will help set the strategy to drive efficient and effective programming.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
• As a member of the shopper marketing team, you’ll focus on the development and execution of world-class integrated and collaborative shopper marketing plans. These events should deliver on the brand Jobs-to-be-Done as well as customers’ unique positioning to fit the objectives of that retailer. Programs should drive category growth, promote cross-category conversion & be profitable for both Unilever & the customer.
• Responsible for all SM field-based programs from start to finish including annual planning, writing agency briefs, customer presentations, overall agency guidance, creative reviews and program evaluation.
• Develop strong relationships with key marketing contacts at retail partners, as well as Sales team, to deliver against brand/portfolio objectives.
• Maintain timely flow of reports, program evaluations, proposals and project estimates. Provide point-of-view on appropriate spending against retailer-initiated marketing initiatives.
• Evaluate key Shopper Marketing programs 90 days post program completion. These findings/recommendations are a comprehensive view of the program performance, return on investment value, sales results and include relevant market information. These program recaps will be shared with Shopper Marketing, brand and the retailer.
• Manage agency partners to ensure delivery on requirements outlined in briefs and that they effectively are delivering on all account management responsibilities (i.e. program & financial management).
• You’re a dot connector: Working on the Shopper Marketing team with great brands requires managing a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, we need you to ensure the right dots are connected inside and outside the company (3rd parties, agency, customer, CPG’s).
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: Working directly with customers and brands you’ll find creative solutions to continue to drive businesses in the constantly changing competitive landscape.
• You’re a story teller: A critical element of our plans is the art of compelling storytelling as means to educate, inspire our retailer in support of our campaigns. We need your creativity to build and deliver compelling stories.
• You’re a changemaker: This is an integrated role where you can fully embrace a connected for growth mindset and work on both short and long term strategies. You’ll work on innovative solutions that will change our shopper’s behavior.
• You’re a culture & change champion: Think differently – these are ever changing, competitive times with brands in a unique environment.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing, MBA a plus
• 3-5 years’ experience in development of brand business objectives and marketing strategies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the consumer-packaged goods industry, retail channels and account specific marketing
• Strong communication & influencing skills
• Understanding of promotional tactics, process flow, execution and fulfillment processes.
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience in digital marketing and understanding of consumer behavior in this space
• Creative thinking to approach things differently than historical plan
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Attention to detail, planning and preparation.
• Highly organized; able to multitask and communicate with numerous touch points
• Lead role in identifying and presenting new opportunities to Customer Development, Marketing and our customers
• Ability to fully collaborate with Shopper Marketing and Customer Development teams, and with Retailer; is driven to achieve mutual objectives as one collective team
LOCATION: Arc Headquarters is located in Chicago, but this role can be based anywhere working remotely.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.