Let’s create something Irresistible.
We live in an era of constant disruption. Where your customers have never been harder to reach, win over, or retain. The scary truth is that people have the power to resist your brand like never before. Which is why everything we do is designed to make yours irresistible. Join us.
From established category leaders to bold challengers to innovative upstarts, we partner with ambitious companies to help them simultaneously grow sales and brand.
As an Associate Shopper Marketing Manager you’ll work to extend brand strategy and activation platforms to a major retailer through the development of Shopper Marketing (SM) programs that will drive profitable volume and equity of the client’s brands. You will create SM programs by understanding industry insights and translating those to actionable events and then analyze based on investments and business results. The ability to identify business building opportunities at the retailer will help set the strategy to drive efficient and effective programming.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- As a member of the team, you’ll focus on the development and execution of world-class integrated and collaborative shopper marketing plans. These events should deliver on the brand Jobs-to-be-Done as well as the customer’s unique positioning to fit the objectives of that retailer. Programs should drive category growth, promote omni-channel shopping, facilitate cross-category conversion and be profitable for both the client and the Customer.
- Responsible for SM field-based programs from start to finish including annual planning, providing input to agency and media briefs, overall agency guidance, creative reviews and program evaluation.
- Develop strong relationships with key brand contacts as well as the sales team to deliver against brand/portfolio and field team objectives.
- Maintain timely flow of proposals, project estimates, reports, and program evaluations. Provide point-of-view on appropriate spending against retailer-led marketing initiatives.
- Evaluate Shopper Marketing programs upon program completion. These findings and recommendations are a comprehensive view of the program performance, return on investment value, sales results and include relevant market information. These program recaps can be shared with shopper marketing, brand, sales, and the retailer.
- Manage agency partners to ensure delivery on requirements outlined in briefs and that they are effectively delivering on all account management responsibilities (e.g. program & financial management).
- You’re a dot connector: Working on the team requires managing a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders; we need you to ensure the right dots are connected inside and outside the company (e.g. agencies, 3rd parties, customer).
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Working directly with customer and brands poised for growth means you’ll find creative solutions to continue to drive the client’s businesses in the constantly changing competitive landscape.
- You’re a story teller: A critical element of our plans is the art of compelling storytelling as a means to educate and inspire our retailer in support of our campaigns. We need your creativity to build and deliver compelling stories.
- You’re a changemaker: This is an integrated role where you can fully embrace Connected for Growth and work on both short- and long-term strategies. You’ll work on innovative solutions that will change our shopper’s behavior.
- You’re a culture & change champion: Think differently – these are ever changing, competitive times with brands in a unique environment.
- 7-9 years’ experience in development of shopper marketing strategies and/or brand business objectives.
- Strong understanding of consumer-packaged goods industry as well as the retailer’s go-to-market strategies.
- Understanding of promotional tactics and marketing vehicles such ranging from digital, media, coupons, print, partnerships and more.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be located in the Minneapolis area.
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Demonstrated commitment to being accountable for delivered results plus the ability and initiative to accept high levels of delegated responsibility and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated marketing skills in a digitally connected ecosystem.
- Ability to think strategically and produce results in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Lead role in identifying and presenting new opportunities to grow the brands and the category at the customer.
- Ability to develop a 360-marketing plan that includes – among other tactics – using digital channels to drive conversion for new and existing UL products in-store and online.
- Ability to fully collaborate with Shopper Marketing, Sales, Ecommerce, Customer Development teams, and with the Retailer; is driven to achieve mutual objectives as one collective team.
- Growth and competitive mindset.
- Creative thinking to approach things differently than historical plan.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to oversee and track multiple projects with due dates and varying requirements and priorities.
The Power of One starts with our people! To do powerful things, we offer powerful resources. Our best-in-class wellness and benefits offerings include:
- Paid Family Care for parents and caregivers for 12 weeks or more
- Monetary assistance and support for Adoption, Surrogacy and Fertility
- Monetary assistance and support for pet adoption
- Employee Assistance Programs and Health/Wellness/Comfort reimbursements to help you invest in your future and work/life balance
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid time off that includes Flexible Time off Vacation, Annual Sick Days, Volunteer Days, Holiday and Identity days, and more
- Matching Gifts programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- ‘Work Your World’ Program encouraging employees to work from anywhere Publicis Groupe has an office for up to 6 weeks a year (based upon eligibility)
- Business Resource Groups that support multiple affinities and alliances
The benefits offerings listed are available to eligible U.S. Based employees, are reviewed on an annual basis, and are governed by the terms of the applicable plan documents.
Arc Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, marital status, military service and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.