Arc is the lead shopper and retail agency within Publicis Groupe. In an era of unprecedented disruption, where the customers you seek actively resist brands like never before, everything we do is in service of making your brand irresistible. We call it Irresistible Commerce. And it starts by employing insights and data to uncover what’s standing in the way of growth. Then we deploy irresistible creative solutions to build connected shopping experiences that are personal, valuable and delightful for your customers. The results simultaneously drive brand sales and love. Helping us become WARC’s #1 Specialty Retail Agency with groundbreaking work recognized by Adweek, ANA Reggie Awards and Effies.
Position in a nutshell:
As an Associate Strategy Director, you should have perfected your day-to-day craft and are now starting to elevate the strategic product on the team. This position is all about taking ownership and comfortably handling risk, uncertainty, and ambiguity. You’ll be expected to be able to craft clear focused stories and have a strong point of view able to defend or explain strategic recommendations easily. As a more senior member of the team, you will start to be to contribute to the mentorship and growth of other strategists and team members.
About this team:
This role is on the largest CPG client at Arc, working across a variety of top brands and retailers. You’ll come in with experience (or desire to dive deep and learn quick) about key categories like beauty, hair, and skin. And have a POV on the strategies and shoppers of major retailers like Walmart, Walmart.com, and club stores. You’ll have experience working with and challenging brand managers on their overall commerce strategy.
Skills To Master:
- Crafting Compelling Stories: You are at the point in your career where you should be able to crack the big a-has and craft clear, compelling stories. You will start to also be able to do this for others, whether it be identifying a themes or ideas within the creative work or reframe and focus other strategists’ stories. You will begin to master the art of steering others’ work to more focused places through direction vs doing.
- Leadership: You are the bridge between senior leadership and early careers. You will serve as coach, mentor and sounding board to those below you and the right hand of those above you. You will begin to hone your outward facing brand to clients and agency, demonstrating a credible confident demeanor that commands respect and admiration. You will be a linchpin in bringing the team together both to build culture but also refine and create processes.
- Workflow management: You will start to manage complex, multifaceted and interrelated projects that span multiple areas ort departments and as such will need to manage workflow. This may mean determining what resources are needed, timing, working with project management to create efficiency or shifting timelines and knowing how and when to say no. You should come to the table with solutions to problems and be an innovator.
- Accountability: We are all accountable for our work but in this role, you will start to be accountable for not just your own work, but also the work of your team. This means that you need to be able to coach and sometimes challenge others (strategy and creative) on creating the best product possible and at the same time be willing to be the only champion for an idea or position with internal teams or client partners.
- Research & Data Chops: You are a go-to mentor and teacher on data platforms, research techniques and creative brainstorming and have a foundational knowledge of agency tools and processes.
How To Thrive:
Be an owner: As you get more senior in the department your role shifts from the day-to-day tasks to complete to more of a focus on what will make the team and agency better. Invent things as if this was your agency. Do we need a better process? Propose one. Is there something that can help the team? Create it. Be the change you want to see.
Push the work: Whether it be better more focused briefs, more interesting briefings, sharper creative ideas or more dynamic storytelling and presentations to clients. Be the ringleader within your team to push things to new heights and move the ball forward.
Have a voice: With this role you will work independently which means you need to have a voice, a POV and should never sit in the shadows. When you are in a meeting people should feel it and feel that the meeting was better for it. and take ownership of projects, use your manager as a sounding board. This means knowing when to elevate a problem, ask for guidance, get a second set of eyes on something, but always come to the table with a proposed solution.
Mentor the Next Generation: As a more seasoned strategy team member you have a good perspective on what it takes to thrive as a strategist in your early career – pass along this wisdom. You are senior enough to be wise but not senior enough to be “scary” to approach. Take advantage of this status to bring the juniors in close and take them under your wing.
Be a cheerleader You are right in the middle of the department career track. You have a front row seat to it all. Use that to recruit new talent into the agency and industry, and to retain and help grow the ones we have. Develop culture building initiatives and get involved in the broader agency. Use your newly honed leadership skills to promote agency culture and develop team or agency initiatives.
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing or other closely related field
- 7-9 years of on the job experience
- Past experience reviewing and directing the work of others
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively exchange important information with internal and external clients
The Power of One starts with our people! To do powerful things, we offer powerful resources. Our best-in-class wellness and benefits offerings include:
- Paid Family Care for parents and caregivers for 12 weeks or more
- Monetary assistance and support for Adoption, Surrogacy and Fertility
- Monetary assistance and support for pet adoption
- Employee Assistance Programs and Health/Wellness/Comfort reimbursements to help you invest in your future and work/life balance
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid time off that includes Flexible Time off Vacation, Annual Sick Days, Volunteer Days, Holiday and Identity days, and more
- Matching Gifts programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- ‘Work Your World’ Program encouraging employees to work from anywhere Publicis Groupe has an office for up to 6 weeks a year (based upon eligibility)
- Business Resource Groups that support multiple affinities and alliances
The benefits offerings listed are available to eligible U.S. Based employees, are reviewed on an annual basis, and are governed by the terms of the applicable plan documents.
Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, marital status, military service and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Compensation Range: $98,500 - $137,000 annually. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. For this role, the Company will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off. The Company anticipates the application window for this job posting will end 12/1/2023