We’re Arc—lead shopper and retail agency within Publicis Groupe. Let’s face it, with more distractions out there than a TikTok FYP, shoppers are actively resisting brands like never before. That’s why we do everything in our power to make our clients totally irresistible. Like, fresh out the oil, French fry-level irresistible. And because we’re great at what we do, we made it our whole Thing. We call it Irresistible Commerce. We start by figuring out what’s standing in the way of growth and provide compelling creative solutions that are personal, valuable, and a whole lot of fun. And not to brag, but it’s the reason we’re recognized by Adweek, ANA’s Reggie Awards, and the Effies… and why Ad Age has named us a Best Place to Work.
Okay, well, maybe that was a little brag.
For every role, we ask three things—work hard, have fun, be kind. We’re an ego-free, human-first company and we’d love to stay that way. Let’s get started.
The VP, Account Director manages a brand or segment of an account to bring consistent thought leadership and support the client’s marketing needs. In addition, they build a motivated, collaborative, and high-performing team capable of supporting a variety of marketing initiatives and programs for his/her client account. An Account Director's activities contribute measurably to Arc's reputation, generate year-to-year increases in agency profits, assist in generating success in securing new business, and develop client solutions and strategic insights that contribute to the agency's market presence. The VP should be a discipline expert with cross-disciplinary mastery and be accountable for their team's direction, motivation, and financial impact. They must identify and recruit new talent while promoting best agency practices. They seek opportunities to mentor individuals outside of their direct reports while setting the standards for the work produced in the group. They create an environment that enables collaboration and inspirational ideas. In partnership with other senior leaders, they take responsibility for the group's financials to ensure resources are being used appropriately.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with team and client management counterparts.
- Facilitates the sharing of the team’s client intelligence, creative work and other expertise within and across business units in an effort to help all units identify business-building opportunities and enhance their marketing programs.
- Sets the direction for the account by leading creation of strategic and tactical business plans that outline how the team will achieve its financial objectives. Communicates account’s objectives and strategies to team members and the role they play in achieving them. Regularly updates team on changes to and progress against the plan.
- Establishes annual budget, staffing needs and revenue forecasts to assure the growth and profitability of the account.
- Monitors team’s progress against plan including revenues, resource allocation, profitability and billing/collection problems. Reviews analysis of incurred costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives. Develops and implements action plans to correct/improve team financial performance as needed.
- Identifies and actively pursues new business opportunities within existing client assignments as well as outside existing projects.
- Staff, manage, develop and inspire team members to become their client’s best marketing partners by delivering strategic and creative excellence, introducing client to innovative solutions, delivering quality service, and delivering marketing programs that further client’s marketing and business objectives.
- Understands assigned client’s business as well as main competitors to properly analyze and understand status and direction of brand strategy. Ensures all team members have a complete understanding of the client’s business and the unique needs of the client and their brand(s).
- Fosters direct report(s) growth and performance. Prepares and implements effective employee development plans and coaches personnel using same.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with various agency personnel to gather and exchange information, develop and implement solutions to problems, and improve programs.
- Understands the agency’s capabilities and stays current with agency activities. Finds ways to leverage agency’s capabilities in promotion, direct and interactive into the team’s relationship with client in order to create positive relations and enhance new revenue opportunities.
- Champions specific agency initiatives, including new programs, services, policies and procedures.
- Adds to the development of best practices by serving as recognized leader at trade and professional meetings and seminars, trade shows, and other marketing services activities.
- Creatively draws on the full resources of the agency to add new dimensions to the client relationship
- Expert knowledge of the client's business including industry trends and competitors
- Solution-oriented problem solving that leverages knowledge of the client's brand to suggest innovative solutions
- Nurtures and monitors the relationships account and creative have with the clients
SVP Account Director or EVP Account Director
Key Internal Contacts:
Strategy, Creative, Production, Client Finance
Key External Contacts:
Agency Partners, Vendors, Media Touch Points, Client Contacts
• A Bachelor's degree in marketing or other closely related field
• 10+ years of on the job experience
• Past experience reviewing and directing the work of others
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively exchange important information with internal and external clients
The Power of One starts with our people! To do powerful things, we offer powerful resources. Our best-in-class wellness and benefits offerings include:
- Paid Family Care for parents and caregivers for 12 weeks or more
- Monetary assistance and support for Adoption, Surrogacy, and Fertility
- Monetary assistance and support for pet adoption
- Employee Assistance Programs and Health/Wellness/Comfort reimbursements to help you invest in your future and work/life balance
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid time off that includes Flexible Time off Vacation, Annual Sick Days, Volunteer Days, Holiday and Identity days, and more
- Matching Gifts programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- ‘Work Your World’ Program encourages employees to work from anywhere Publicis Groupe has an office for up to 6 weeks a year (based upon eligibility)
- Business Resource Groups that support multiple affinities and alliances
The benefits offerings listed are available to eligible U.S. Based employees, are reviewed on an annual basis, and are governed by the terms of the applicable plan documents.
Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, marital status, military service, and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.